Sunday, May 23, 2010

From the President's Desk- AMSOIL Six Star Regency Platinum Direct Jobber Makes AMSOIL History

From the President's Desk- AMSOIL Six Star Regency  Platinum Direct Jobber Makes AMSOIL History

 Please take time to read the following page in this issue of your Action
News. You will see that an important milestone has been reached by one of
your fellow AMSOIL Dealers. Dave Mann has become the first Six-Star Regency
Platinum Direct Jobber in AMSOIL history. This is a major accomplishment,
and I extend my personal congratulations to Dave.

You will also see what Dave attributes his success to, and it comes as no
surprise. Hard work. To quote Dave directly, “I just work hard every day.”
I know Dave, and believe me, that’s exactly how he did it.
It is true that Dave’s credentials are outstanding, and he came into his
business well-equipped. As a former mechanical engineer for Ford, he had
the technical background to understand the concepts of lubrication. He also
understood machinery and the workings of internal combustion engines. He
was, as you will read, “a gearhead as a kid.” He raced all types of
equipment and by age 18 had rebuilt three engines. Dave was also involved
with Roush Racing while at Ford, which contributed even more to his
technical expertise. It’s true that Dave’s technical know-how may have
jump-started his career as an AMSOIL Dealer, but it is not the reason for
his success.

You don’t need a technical background or mechanical expertise to become
successful as an AMSOIL Dealer. Far from it. The great majority of our most
successful Dealers came into this business with absolutely no technical
experience, and I really can’t think of one Dealer who had any type of
lubrication training.

Take, for instance, six-Star Regency Platinum Direct Jobber Bill Durand.
Bill had no lubrication training when he and his wife Donna began their
AMSOIL business. Bill was an officer in the Air Force. But Bill and Donna
recognized the potential in the AMSOIL opportunity, and they took that
opportunity and ran.

The same holds true for our other Five-Star Regency
Platinum Directs, Ray and Arlene Schmit. Ray was a tool and die worker, and
although he did have mechanical aptitude and was proficient in vehicle
maintenance, he had no real knowledge in lubrication. That didn’t stop Ray
and Arlene.

Just like all other successful AMSOIL Dealers the Durands and the Schmits
took the time to learn the basics of lubrication and the many benefits that
AMSOIL products provide. They used the products, studied the literature,
attended meetings and put in the effort to gain the knowledge necessary to
become successful AMSOIL Dealers.

I am no exception. When I first conceived the idea for AMSOIL I knew the
basics about lubrication and, as a fighter pilot, that every jet engine in
the world used only synthetic oil. Not much more than that. But it was
enough. I rolled up my sleeves and got to work. I studied all the
information I could get my hands on. I read all the books and technical
papers I could find. I talked to the experts. I immersed myself for years
in the study of the subject. In short, I armed myself with the knowledge I
needed to excel in the field of lubrication. Why? Because I was determined
to succeed, and nothing, absolutely nothing, was going to stand in my way.
So, what is the message here? Simply put, it doesn’t matter what your
background is. If you are determined to be successful, determined to reach
your goals, you will be successful. I encourage all Dealers to learn a
lesson from Dave Mann, Bill and Donna Durand, Ray and Arlene Schmit and all
the other AMSOIL Dealers who have paid their dues and built businesses that
have given them financial security. They, just like you, come from
different backgrounds. But they all have something in common. They put in
the effort to learn the products, and, above all, worked every day at
building their businesses by sponsoring Dealers and Preferred Customers.
They built their groups by sharing the AMSOIL business opportunity with
people who showed a desire to succeed. Sure, like all of us, they made
mistakes along the way, but they learned from those mistakes, maintained
positive attitudes, and pressed on. Dave Mann said it well. “I don’t waste
energy on negative things. My motto is to adapt, improvise and overcome. I
don’t let it be a stumbling block for me. There is always a way to do
something.”

That pretty much says it all. So again, Dave Mann, congratulations. And my
advice to you, quoting baseball legend Satchel Paige, “Don’t look back.
Someone might be gaining on you.”

A.J. "Al" Amatuzio

President and CEO, AMSOIL INC.

For more information on becoming an AMSOIL Dealer call Joe Petrey @ 218-349-9447 or email me at this link and I will get in touch with you